67-year old Mr. Mukundan is the Managing Director of Servals Automation Pvt Ltd (Servals).
Mr. Mukundan is clear that Servals will not be a cook stove company. With his vision set on catalyzing the cooking energy trajectory towards energy independence, he is guiding the innovations towards pioneering an energy creation and procurement model for rural communities. With plans towards scaling up on the social entrepreneurship model despite recognizing that scaling up with the time tested commercial models will be easier, Mr. Mukundan, has demonstrated commitment towards the other big part of Servals’ vision - catalyzing economic activity at the grassroots.
He has been nominated to the CII's Special Publication of 108 successful entrepreneurs in Tamil Nadu.
He has also been profiled in Business Outlook, Rediff Business - "An Amazing Journey of a 70 year old Social Entrepreneur and included as one of the 20 social entrepreneurs in the book "I have a dream" by Rashmi Bhansal.
With almost four decades in the industry, Mr. Mukundan brings with him strong networks with small-scale entrepreneurs, governmental and non-governmental agencies associated with small-scale enterprises.
- Past Hony. General Secretary – TANSTIA - The Apex organization of State level Small and Tiny Industries in Tamil Nadu, India.
- Past Chairman – AIMO (TNSB) - A Forum of Manufacturers of Small, Medium and Large Industries.
- Chairman, Rural Energy Cell – ENFUSE - A Service Organisation dedicated to Energy Conservation.
- Past Member – Governing Council – TANSTIA-FNF SERVICE CENTRE - An organization dedicated to supporting service to Small Industries.
- Chairman – Policy and Program – FASII. Apex organization for all India small enterprises
- Vice President FESLA (All India Federation of Associations of Stoves, Lanterns and Allied Products) - The Apex body of manufacturers of Stove / Burners.
- Director – RURAL INNOVATION NETWORK. An NGO involved in incubating Rural innovators).
- Director of SIPPO Ltd (Small Industries Product Promotion Ltd. An NGO involved in market promotion of products made by small scale industries.
- Represents industry in many committees constituted by both State and Central Government.
- Has experience in organizing industry related programmes like Seminars, Training Programmes and Industrial Exhibitions such as Ideal Home Exhibition, Ind-Expo, Tech 2000
- Guest Faculty to Educational Institutions.
- Has been regularly invited to participate in discussions and debates on Television and print media.